Availability of the 3D World?

• Masters of Nodes

Am I understanding correctly that it won't be until 2020 when the 3D world will actually be available to explore?
    And if so I'm interested in what I can be doing to prepare for it?
    I am interested in building something in it. So should I be learning Unreal Engine?
    Are there other learning sources I can tap? Sources that would help me learn the scripting language for Districts?
    I'm all in. I want to learn more so I can be in deeper... lol.
    Kresp

• administrators

Hello,
    By 2019, the Districts Demo will be released primarily to test the network, player experience, hardware compatibility, etc.
    Followed by the beta that includes the DVS tool with all the documentation on the scripting language (JS / Python for developers) and the drag-and-drop solution for average users.

• Masters of Nodes

@zain So it sounds like it wouldn't hurt for me to brush up on my Java Script and learn Python...

Am I understanding that besides entertainment there will also be real world applications? For example I have some pretty far out ideas. I work at a commercial print shop and many of our customers re-order the same print jobs over and over. But many times I have seen the wrong pamphlet get printed because order entry accidentally enters the wrong job # or just looks up the wrong brochure. Now stay with me on this one...

I imagine a virtual office/showroom where our customer is able to enter and based on their login credentials they are placed in "THEIR PERSONAL OFFICE/SHOWROOM" space within my virtual printshop located in Districts. They can simply walk over and pick up the "CORRECT" brochure or other print item that they want to re-order. Every thing they have ever ordered from us would be in the room organized in some sort of fashion that would make sense to them. They place it on the order desk and jot down their P.O. number or type it into a virtual console. Whatever works best. Then they leave. They receive an email confirmation of their order at their real world email address and we print the correct brochure. Unless of course they pick up the wrong one but then that would be their fault. Unlikely to happen.

That's just one of my crazy ideas! I have more.

Kresp

• AUSTRALIA

@kresp Perfect application for it. Yes Districts has real world consequences, 3DC will power transactions - ideal for retailers.

100 Posts
    Community Leader

• Masters of Nodes

@mickbit I can hardly wait! I have been dreaming of a 3-Dimensional website for years. I have researched and tried to learn as much as I could about 3-Dimensional software. I have even taken courses on the Unreal Engine because I found it to be very interesting. I have been following the progress of the Virtual Headwear etc. It is a big part of what drew me to this project when I ran across it. When I first conceived my ideas for a virtual office on a website the tools just were simply not there to make it happen. I feel as though we are many steps closer to my being able to implement some of my dreams from 5 or so years back.

It should be loads of fun!

Kresp

• AUSTRALIA

@kresp Definitely more doors opening up in regards to both innovation and new applications - and much of the focus is around both blockchain and VR/AR. The timing of this is good, you don't want to get too ahead of the development curb as the rapid pace of it all may leave some ideas obsolete before they even become realized and mature. If you're interested check out this -> https://3dctalk.net/topic/177/intention-capture-new-armband-technology-vr-applications
    https://3dctalk.net/topic/126/foveated-tech-vr-visual-and-performance-enhancement

The challenge will be to simultaneously design and develop VR platforms while maintaining integration updates with the evolving hardware and interface devices.I think the team has made the right strategic move to place the Districts world towards the end of the roadmap, while focusing on the 3DC component first.

Looking forward to visiting your VR store some day in the near future 🙂

100 Posts
    Community Leader