3DCoin Core - Error, Failed to load masternode payments cache from mnpayments.dat

• Masters of Nodes

3DCoin Client Software and version number : 3DCoin Core version v0.13.3.2-180eefe
    Operating System : windows 10 64 bit
    Hardware specification : Intel i7-7820x CPU with 48 GB RAM and 1TB m.2 drive with 425 GB free.
    Description of the problem : I restarted my computer and when I re-loaded the wallet it won't load. It gives me a "3DCoin Core - Error". Failed to load masternode payments cache from mnpayments.dat. Then it closes.
    Screenshot of the problem :0_1533491763076_b173e0c6-fac1-4ac6-b83e-d48a9517fc7a-image.png
    Any related adress : N/A
    Any related transaction ID : N/A
    Log files From the 3DCoin Client : N/A

I have backup wallet.dat files but when I look in the "/AppData/Roaming/3DCoin" folder I do see several .DAT files one of which is "mnpayments.dat".

I can only assume it somehow has become corrupted. Probably from my restarting the computer. Is there anything special I need to do? Or should I just delete it and see if the wallet will start up again?

Kresp

• Masters of Nodes

I should mention that I have 6 masternodes running in this wallet. It is the cold wallet of the Hot/Cold set-up.

• Masters of Nodes

Well I decided I didn't want to wait on a reply and that deleting the file made the most sense to me.
    I deleted the "mnpayments.dat" file in the Roaming folder. I first copied all the files out of the roaming folder so I would have a copy of them. Then I deleted it. When I tried to restart the wallet it then said it couldn't load "governance.dat". When I looked in the roaming directory it had created another "mnpayments.dat" file. Granted it was only 1K in size whereas the one I deleted was over 15,000K. I deleted the "governance.dat" file and restarted the wallet and this time it loaded just fine. When I go to my masternodes tab all 6 masternodes are showing up and active so I can only assume that all is well at this point. My guess is that I might have lost some historical data? Or possibly my place in line for getting paid for being a masternode? But I am sure it will all be fine.

If there is something else I should do please let me know. Otherwise I am going to consider this issue fixed.

Kresp

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

Yes sometimes you can (and you must) delete mncache.dat mnpayments.dat and governance.dat files. The only important files to save and backup always are wallet.dat and masternode.conf (and the whole backup folder for extra old backup copies). When you want to make a clean install you can read my reply post in the topic below 😉
    https://3dctalk.net/topic/1133/updates-version-13-3-3-available

100 Posts
    Community Leader