Having trouble installing the daemon on my VPS

• Masters of Nodes

I've installed 9 masternodes no problem. Well minimal problems. I am trying to install my 10th one and I can't get the script to complete the installation of the daemon. I execute "bash install.sh" and it asks for the IP and all that information then it says installing masternode but then my session becomes unresponsive before the question about the disk space where you answer "Y" for yes. And if I close the session window and log back into the VPS the daemon is not running. Has anybody else experienced this? Or does anyone have any ideas?

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@kresp Hi, I'll tell you a story ... πŸ“˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰
    Once there was an ordinary MicheleπŸšΆπŸ»πŸ€“πŸ˜† who wanted to activate a new VPS after having activated tens already, the bad provider πŸ‘Ή however, was ready to use the law of Murphy and decided to assign to Michele a VPS born badly ... an ordinary Michele would access at the VPS, he did some small update operation, change password and then the VPS disconnected ... after he could no longer access and had to reset the control panel again from the provider's control panel (the worst thing you can propose to an ordinary Michele is to use the interfaces of the providers πŸ€’πŸ‘Ώ). Michele who was stubborn did several tests and after a few minutes the same thing happened, in the meantime he had other Putty windows open with the other active VPS of the same provider, in the same computer, with the same connection, and they worked beautifully (and had also the active masternodes while on the new VPS there was not yet the masternode!). In the end being Michele worse than the provider decided to kill the badly born VPS and leave the provider with a meager loot of a paid and failed activation. After a few weeks after other VPS activated without any problem with the same provider, the episode recurred and even this time after unnecessary attempts, an ordinary Michael decided to kill the second VPS born badly.
    On these two badly born VPS Michele never even managed to launch the masternode installation script. Since then Michele has continued to activate new VPS without any problem with the same provider.

First moral of the story: not all the donuts come with the hole ... uhm... not all the VPS are born perfect ... 🍩🍩🍩

Second moral of the story: there is a provider that is getting rich behind an ordinary Michele... πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘ (⬅️provider) ... πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­(⬅️an ordinary Michele)

Third moral of the story: new corollary of Murphy's law: if you activate tens VPS at least one or two will have problems...😏😏😏

Fourth moral of the story: when you see a VPS born under a bad star ... change VPS and forget about it! πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Masters of Nodes

Thanks Michelle. Interesting tales. I will kill the badly born VPS and try again.