v14 won't see wallet

• I've gone through the steps for a clean install and moving the dat folder and files but in the wallet is a no show. I've got the keys and address on paper and can see it in the block explorer but can't find a way to get it back into the wallet to do some transfers. Any idea would be great because I'd rather not lose a bunch of coin.

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@66tbird

Check out this guide step by step guide, you're probably making some mistakes in putting your wallet.dat file back in the new correct wallet folder. The backup works just like any other "QT Core" wallet. Try again the guide step by step and try to understand where you are wrong... 😉

https://3dctalk.net/topic/1137/core-qt-3dcoin-wallet-how-to-make-a-clean-fresh-install-also-with-backup-of-your-wallet

⚠ Also consider that you need to install the latest version (14.3.2) released 06-02-2019 ‼
    https://github.com/BlockchainTechLLC/3dcoin/releases/tag/v0.14.3.2

• Yes, that was the tutorial I followed and 14.3.2 is the version I'm running. Debug shows something happened at block 431223. Here's the addy I'm using ALP15iPMbg2cxWQpHZhebysQyaLcsSAWp4
    and I generated it from this core v13. Wallet dat goes into the apps/roaming/3dcoin folder, pretty simple. I've actually had the the same not sync issue with BTC core back in 2014 so I moved to a different wallet. Maybe I got the address and key from another place. That's why I was wondering how to load a paper wallet.

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@66tbird
    The backup restore is done simply by paste into the right folder your wallet.dat, this applies to any wallet of qt core type and is not a peculiarity of 3DC, so forgive me if I insist but there is probably something wrong with the paths of folders you use or simply you have pasted the wrong wallet.dat. In any case you can also try to import your private key into a new clean wallet.dat (I recommend, always keep your backup in other folders, in other drives for security!). This is the procedure for importing a private key (applicable both when importing from a paper wallet and when importing a key from a previous wallet.dat).

https://3dctalk.net/topic/1086/import-a-private-key-in-3dc-core-wallet

• I'm at a loss. Import private key did nothing. The program just sits at block 431733 I don't get it. I've got probably a dozen core wallets and they work fine but this one never came back after the block 450000 thing. Any more ideas? The blocks are going up slowly at about 20 per hour.

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@66tbird

Delete all the files below from the folder (warning! ⚠ do not delete your wallet.dat file!)

banlist.dat
    mncache.dat
    mnpayments.dat
    netfulfilled.dat
    debug.log

If you want, you can also delete all the blockchain, deleting the two subfolders below:

chainstate
    blocks

Then add the lines below in your 3dcoin.conf file (always in the 3DCoin files directory) and please check also your Windows firewall!

addnode=206.189.72.203
    addnode=206.189.41.191
    addnode=165.227.197.115
    addnode=167.99.87.86
    addnode=159.65.201.222
    addnode=159.65.148.226
    addnode=165.227.38.214
    addnode=159.65.167.79
    addnode=159.65.90.101
    addnode=128.199.218.139
    addnode=174.138.3.33
    addnode=159.203.167.75
    addnode=138.68.102.67

All the operations above with wallet closed of course.
    Then reopen the wallet and wait for the sync.

• Thankyou very much. I deleted everything that you said, added the info to the config file, re-synced, then imported the key. It worked and looks like it should. Thanks, John

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@66tbird said in v14 won't see wallet:

Thankyou very much. I deleted everything that you said, added the info to the config file, re-synced, then imported the key. It worked and looks like it should. Thanks, John

Great, in the end we did it! Thank you for the effort! 💪 😉 👍