AMA log (27 September 2019)

• Global Moderator

AMA with Zine Laabidine Rezig, CEO, founder, software architect and lead developer of 3DCoin / Project Districts, held on Friday 27 September 2019.

The AMA took place during a period of 6 hours, from 12 (UTC + 4) to 18 (UTC + 4).
    This is a weekly AMA, so every week, every Friday, except for exceptional cases that will be communicated in advance, an AMA will take place in our official international/english Telegram group.

πŸ“‹ Do not hesitate to participate in the next Friday's AMA, we are waiting for you! πŸ“Œ
    πŸ‘‰ Telegram group: https://t.me/Project_Districts πŸ—¨ πŸ‘₯

This AMA event has also been added to CoinMarketCal
    https://coinmarketcal.com/en/event/telegram-ama-26111

During this AMA furthermore, the new trading pair 3DC/ETH available on Crex24 exchange was announced as a surprise!

Please note: Some questions and answers have been selected and partly reworked and listed in different order or grouped by topic for editorial reasons and in general for better readability and usability.
    Some questions are transversal to the various main topics so they have been grouped under a topic that has been considered suitable but could also be read in reference to other topics.
    However, the entire original AMA can be viewed in full, starting from the following message in the official Telegram group:
    https://t.me/Project_Districts/61388

πŸ”· AMA's Questions and answers πŸ”·

πŸ”Ή Masternodes / Primenodes / Pulsenodes related questionsπŸ”Ή

Question:
    Thank you for availability in answering our questions and thanks to the Team for the work that is behind the scenes! I would like to ask a question: The tokenization of the "ownership" of the masternode of which you spoke in the previous AMA and which introduces something never heard before is a kind of NFT (non-fungible token)? So we will have a NFT framework in 3DCoin applicable then also to other things besides the ownership of masternodes?

Answer:
    Yes, 3DCoin will have NFT built for Districts, also we are working on something new for the masternodes assets.
    We publish more details about it in the next whitepaper update.

Question:
    Isn't the smart script like a smart contract in a different language than Solidity? Masternodes are like CryptoKitties or PokΓ©mon Go on 3DCoin?

Answer:
    Each "smart script" can be described as a one-purpose contract. I hope that makes sense. Is build for contract only.

Question:
    You mentioned in the previous AMA, that the collateral for the nodes, if the code is secure enough, might change to 0 - so everyone can set up a node. As the hardware requirements are probably a little higher than what we have now, what is the incentive to set up a node?
    In other words what incentive does a newcomer have to buy 25k 3DC and set up a node, when the requirements will get higher (higher VPS cost for the highest score aka blockreward) and the current nodecount - valuation stays the same aka you lose money or break even on the nodes.

Answer:
    While the collateral exists only for security purposes, I think the incentive is the profit which linked to the 3DCoin price.

Question:
    The Masternodes/Primenodes/Pulsenodes are getting a share on every Districts token which is validated through their nodes?

Answer:
    Only the Pulsenode will collect transactions fees, the Primenode gets paid in 3DC for hosting the dapps and the fees are determined by the Primenodes owners.

πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ

πŸ”Ή Development management / marketing / listings / exchanges related questionsπŸ”Ή

Question:
    Can we excpect a listing on the exchanges mentioned in the Dev Update or do they really donΒ΄t want to list us until our Community grows?

Answer:
    We will know soon.

Question:
    Can the Trello public board be updated on a regular (monthly?) basis?

Answer:
    Yes, every developer of the Team will update regularly his tasks on the 3DCoin public board on Trello
    You will notice the change soon.

Note: The Trello 3DCoin public board is available at https://trello.com/b/6131axEu/3dcoin

πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ πŸ”Έ

πŸ”ΉDistricts Virtual World / DVS / Dapps / Virtual Reality related questionsπŸ”Ή

Question:
    Could you please tell us more about land in 3d world?

Answer:
    In Districts the land token is only required when you are building a VR dapp, it can be generated by the DVS (Districts Visual Studio) or bought from another user.

Question:
    Are the land token a known number? It will be like Decentraland (MANA erc-20 token) with an internal exchange?

Answer:
    The world of Districts is scalable, limitless lands, the exchange is built in the 3DCoin blockchain.

Question:
    Are developers able to build Dapps after the hardfork or is it the first of many upgrades until the functionality/sandbox is given to do so?

Answer:
    The main features that will be introduced in the patch are SmartScript(API), Primenodes and our "Proof of Sync" consensus protocol upgrade.
    The Dapps will be available in a few upgrades in the 3DCoin blockchain.

Question:
    With an inbuilt escrow function? E.g. masternode ownership part 1 in exchange, 100 3dc part 2?

Answer:
    Yes, the "smart script" will make your life easier.

Question:
    So, Districts is a sandbox field. Developers are able to build dapps which are visualized in this world?

Answer:
    Districts is a procedurally generated world of dapps. Without the dapps Districts doesn't exist.

Question:
    Do you have to claim land beforehand or do you get a parcel handed to you when you create a Districts token?

Answer:
    You will get the space you need for dapps the second you create a new dapp, this space is not entirely yours, you are just tenant because if the dapp is inactive for a long time, space can be used by others.
    You still can transfer the ownership to others if the dapp is active.

Question:
    In the end the enduser is able to opt-in via a VR headset into this "land" and the dapps are visualized? So if I'm a teacher, I can build e.g. a VR school, my students pay me in the specific Districts token for the lesson I teach them and they can participate via the VR headset?

Answer:
    Yes, also he can reshape the world of Districts using dapps filters like games, business, etc.

Question:
    In what timeframe are we talking here - until e.g. we can make the first tour and explore the 1st dapp via VR: 2-3 years?

Answer:
    Maybe less, step by step, we wil get there!

πŸ”· πŸ”· πŸ”·

πŸ“‹ Do not hesitate to participate in the next Friday's AMA, we are waiting for you! πŸ“Œ
    πŸ‘‰ Official international english speaking Telegram chat group: https://t.me/Project_Districts πŸ—¨ πŸ‘₯

βœ” You can stay updated πŸ”” on 3DCoin / Project Districts events through our usual contact channels (e.g. Telegram, Discord, and Twitter as well) and now also via the 3DCoin page on CoinMarketCal πŸ–‡
    πŸ‘‰ https://coinmarketcal.com/en/coin/3dcoin