Community Market for Requested Works (System Suggestion)

• AUSTRALIA

0_1529398976063_2100a96d-5939-40cf-b840-3f704dde23ec-image.png

I'd like to explore this idea further and make some suggestions on how to go about structuring community funded bounties. The idea is to leverage the resources of a growing community, to reward efforts that grow the community larger - this compounds growth as the bigger we grow, the more significant the rewards and tasks/bounties can become, leading to more growth and so on.

What I propose is the following; Create 4 Threads/Topics to compartmentalise a functional marketplace for goods and services related to (but not exclusively) 3DC and Project Districts marketing efforts.

Donation section;
    -'Community Work Fund' Thread (Account held in escrow by admin - Title gets edited and updated with current pool funds from community)
    e.g. 'Community Work Fund: 13,600 3DC' - contributors can comment with amount donated and txID to be recognised for their support and also act as a historic ledger reference.

Requests/Orders section;
    -'Marketing/Service Requests' Thread (Community puts forth requested work).
    e.g. 5-minute promotional video, write up blog article, social media posts, flyers to handout, hosting meetups, merchandising, interviews, artwork, documentary, event sponsorship, etc. Nominated work receives a small % commission if selected for completion - this creates an incentive for 'idea creation' and submission.

Quotes and Offers section;
    -'Work Quotes and Offers' Thread (Community members offering to do the work and at what 3DC price - either referencing a request from the nomination thread, or offering a new service/product)
    e.g. "Referencing @xxxx nomination - Quote for Youtube video to 10k subscribers: 2500 3DC (add completion time and work quality references/qualifications).
    or "John Mcafee promotion tweet for 85,000,000 3DC 😂 "

Validation/Completion section;
    -'Accepted and Completed Work' Topic (With sub-threads of each accepted task and it's proof of completion). Upvotes from both the Nomination thread and Quotation thread can direct admins choice of selected work to be done. In this way the community determines what ideas/tasks we want to see done, and who to outsource it too. The admin escrow account holding the pooled funds can accept quotes and utilise the pool funds after the work is completed to pay out the contracted party and nominated request commission.

This system has incentives built-in to generate work requests, which create a 'work demand' to attract 'contractors' to quote on a pricing in 3DC to do the work. The updated donation pool amount can guide reasonable work suggestions, and offers of work pricing - the three parts combined effectively creates a market environment with 3DC pegged to real value in exchange for goods and services.

Isn't that what will be happening within the VR-Based Districts world itself? A community driven place for exchanging value - it is something we can begin to lay the foundations for now, and in-time can transition such a marketplace into Districts itself.

We have two options as investors - to sit back and ride the value of development and marketing from others as we 'rent-seek' a profit for holding an asset, or we can participate in constructively adding value which essentially leads to a Win-Win for both yourself as an investor and the asset as a viable product/service. The early days of Bitcoin when it was just starting out, was very much supported in this manner by the likes of Charlie Shrem with BitInstant in NY, and the Winklevoss Twins - these were proactive investors working on and supporting the creation of new value - content, services, and influence.

I know many of you have a real 'numbers-driven' sentiment when it comes to how you gauge the success or potential success of most things. You want to see a large community get behind something but as a community member you want to observe such a thing while sitting on the sidelines watching market charts and reading news - the key is to participate in that which you want to see grow, become the support you seek to build confidence in such things. The whole theme of this century is not just "digital" - it is "decentralisation", who is going to build this crypto and this project? - All of us.

I want you all to imagine what you will do within Project Districts, because the disclaimer is not going to be "If you have enough money too..." - Sometimes you put dreams on hold for so long that when the opportunity to seize it comes around, you're too stiff to make a move. Ask what you want from Districts, and then work to provide it yourself (and together).

Thank you for your time reading and considering this idea.

100 Posts
    Community Leader

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

the idea of being proactive investors is interesting and to be developed surely.

• Global Moderator

I really loved this suggestion, you have a real sense of investment, and you want the project to succeed what really cheers us up, I loved this part: the key is to participate in that which you want to see grow ... me and the team love your proposal and we support it.

100 Posts
    Super Moderator

• Masters of Nodes

I'm in, please update through telegram when donation option will be live

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@mickbit great vision and it's amazing how you are trying to push forward the project! Community and participation above all. I will try to follow your suggestion! thanks a lot!

• AUSTRALIA

Awesome 🙂 @aminovvvv I was thinking this would fit well as a new sub-category under the 'District Project' category on the home page?

Maybe something like this...

Home Page

District Projects (Category)

"Community Projects (Sub-category)

"Community Work Fund: 12345 3DC (Topic - edited to update fund balance)
    "Marketing/Service Requests (Topic)
    "Quotes and Offers (Topic)
    "Accepted and Completed Works (Topic)

I think it would be better to have this created by an admin to make it more formal.

Topic post suggestions;
    'Community Work Fund'

Contributions sent to the following address goes towards community driven projects that have been selected for completion.
    3DC sent to the following address is considered a non-refundable donation - thank you for your
    generosity.

3DC Address: Axxx....
    If you wish to do so, comment below with your donation amount and transaction ID for recognition of your support.

'Marketing and Service Requests'

Please nominate below your Marketing and Service requests that you believe will have a beneficial effect on growing the Project Districts community. Do consider the current 'Community Fund Balance' when putting forth requests - which can be found here [link above topic].
    E.g. '5-10 minute youtube video promoting Project Districts'

The community votes will provide an indication of community preference for others to offer their
    services and pricing on. Thank you for your ideas and requests.

'Work Quotes and Offers'

Please submit below your quoted work, or offer your services that may be beneficial to growing the Project Districts community. When submitting your quote, please be thorough and specific, also include an estimated completion time-frame. If possible, include any previous work examples and qualifications. The more votes acquired, the better chance of being selected for payment and completion via the Community Work Fund > [Include link].

E.g. "Content/Blogger will write 2000 word+ article for 500 3DC on Reddit, Medium, Steemit and share on Twitter and Facebook to 3000 subscribers - Estimate 1 week, previous work includes [links]"
    Thank you for offering your services.

'Accepted and Completed Work'

Here we will list selected quotes contracted for completion, coupled with proof of completed work and payment.
    E.g. Quote accepted [Link]
    *reply from contractor with proof of completed work
    *Payment transaction ID.

If you feel like changing some things then please do 🙂 Thanks everyone for your support and time.

100 Posts
    Community Leader

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

@mickbit Wondeful suggestion....we will be happy to help community.

• i'm in , thank you for your efforts

• 3DCoinTalk Algeria

@mickbit I wish to thank you for all your suggestions. Good idea.

• 3DCoinTalk Algeria

@mickbit Your suggestion is one of the solutions to my question asked 3 days ago.

• 3DCoinTalk Italia

Wonderfull IDEA!!

• LOC trading group has done a post on Distrists they have 40k following, I would appreciate if you go to @lordsofcrypto instagram, like post& please leave comment to add info on 3dcoin. (No shill pls.)

• AUSTRALIA

@pgav Awesome, I didn't have an instagram account so I made one. Left a like and comment 🙂

Direct link to article: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQsgM-gfFl/?taken-by=lordsofcrypto

100 Posts
    Community Leader

• I totally agree this is great writing. I would just like as investor and community participant to see more transparency from the team about what is currently ongoing with the project so that we even know that we can and what to talk about around the internet to promote it. And I see a lot of crucial questions being ignored and yet I can't find either anything on GitHub. Not in any way trying to be toxic, but I mention that because it would also create more trust and people willing to participate with their free times and money in order to grow it. It's not at all numbers driven, its culture driven. But one creates another and vice versa. I know all the great crypto communities I participated in are well informed about the product development or are open source completely. Just trying to say what matters to me, not trying to say team is bad or not working, would just like to know more if possible.

• AUSTRALIA

@aminovvvv
    0_1529837981897_4c2d6c8e-be33-41d1-ba8b-4766f4bc11da-image.png

🙂 - noticed a topic went up for a moment there.

100 Posts
    Community Leader

• Global Moderator

@mickbit
    I will add the other Topics,this is how you want it to be ?

100 Posts
    Super Moderator

• AUSTRALIA

yeah awesome thank you heaps 🙂

I can add "Marketing Requests" and " quotes/offers" topics if youd like - but best if team has exclusive control of the community fund and accepted works threads. Or if you want to add all four that works too - just want to format it and refine it like the buy/sell trading threads as we go along.

100 Posts
    Community Leader

• Global Moderator

@mickbit no problem i will add them in a moment thank you.

100 Posts
    Super Moderator

• Masters of Nodes

Please, provide links to topics here

• AUSTRALIA

@arti https://3dctalk.net/category/22/community-projects

On the home page you can view under 'Community Projects. 🙂

100 Posts
    Community Leader